Little France Post-Doctoral Society (LFPDS)
The LFPDS is a society for junior researchers at the Little France site of the University of Edinburgh, with representatives from all Departments in the Queens Medical Research Institute, including the CVS. Our aim is to improve the quality of life and career structure for researchers in the early stages of their career (Postdocs, Fellows, final year PhD students & junior lecturers or their equivalents) by:
- catalysing interactions between researchers in different Departments and subject areas.
- being a voice for post-docs at Centre and Institute committees, as well as external organizations (e.g. Vitae, UCU and the Concordat Implementation).
- aiding the awareness of the career challenges facing junior research staff.
- improving career development options within the Institute/University, promoting the training of generic skills and empowering post-docs to take charge of their own career development.
- keeping researchers informed of the progress of researcher societies working at a National and International level.
We have a full programme of events focusing on communal facilities, academic and alternative careers in science, guest speakers and social occasions. For more information visit our website:
or contact one of our committee:
Current Chair: Alex Henke: Alexander.Henke@hrsu.mrc.ac.uk
CVS Committee Members:
Sharron Vass: S.Vass@ed.ac.uk
Lizzy Cottrell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karolina Duthie: email@example.com